Thursday, March 13, 2008

Best of Aussie Quirk: Frente!


alot of people get straight away that I would like Frente! They just think it makes sense that quirky people like quirk. But actually: I just appreciate creative talent in whatever form it may take ;)


So although Ordinary Angels is definitely "my essence" in a song and thus, my favourite song by Frente! hands down...This one - "Accidentally Kelly St" has got to be their "catchiest" song hands down...and I'll admit, it's pretty daggy (especially the video clip) but you just gotta remember it's dated (I'm sure it was WAY COOL back then LOL)...all good fun! And you gotta love Angie Hart for being different and she definitely has a really unique voice...she's recently gone solo - check out here.

3 comments:

Osmond said...

My favourite is Frente's cover of the Go-Betweens song 'Clouds'

Zz... said...

not heard it but just located it :)...check out this AWESOME blog "antipodean underground" esp THIS POST!!! http://antipodeanunderground.com/blog/?m=200705

Zz... said...

actually i have heard it somewhere at some stage- just curious - on what album/ep did you find it on? I find all this old stuff really hard to come by...or maybe I just don't know where to look...