Sunday, March 2, 2008

The Go-Betweens: Best Australian Band of ALL TIME(in my humble opinion)

THE GO-BETWEENS are my favourite band EVER (closely followed by THE NATIONAL) but sadly the more time passes, the less easy it is to find people that know them!

I'm still regretting not ever having seen the Go-Betweens Live when I still had a chance :(

I just always assumed musos 20 years later wouldn't be that good to see- BOY WAS I WRONG!

So glad to see clips on Youtube! Here is a gorgeous version of Clouds with Grant and Robert playing at the Tivoli in 06.

Seems very appropriate as a "Vale, Grant" :( song....



Here are a couple of songs from their 30year span...I cannot believe how underrated this band is...I mean, how often do you get song writing and lyrics like THAT anymore?! Sure the clips may date these songs but how classic and timeless are they in sound yet at the same time strangely nostalgic in feel?

CATTLE AND CANE



BACHELOR KISSES

BYE BYE PRIDE




HEAD FULL OF STEAM


HERE COMES THE CITY

YOUR TURN MY TURN



LEE REMICK (ACOUSTIC)



SPRING RAIN

3 comments:

Gustav said...

cool bands - I like your blog - have a good day.

Zz... said...

cool...like a religious zealot, I am so glad one more person knows THE GO-BETWEENS - if you have time, check out their albums in a good music store...Oceans Apart, 16lovers lane, or even Bella Vista Terrace(best of compilation) make for an easy listening intro to this AWESOME band - Cheers :)

Anonymous said...

Good post.