Sunday, May 4, 2008

is my taste too obscure? :-P

Sheesh, I haven't posted anything interesting music wise for aaaages! I feel kinda guilty about this...

It's not cos I can't think of anything, it's cos 75% of my favourite songs I can't find on youtube or anywhere else: either they are too unknown or too...historical and unknown...

Hence for example...my favourite world artist- Youssou N'Dour- the only old stuff you can find of his on youtube seem to be the big English language hits he had with Neneh Cherry and Peter Gabriel...definitely nothing close to his best stuff!

In any case if you're in Europe I suggest you just go see him perform LIVE- along with Angelique Kidjo, he is AWESOME Live: a real mover and shaker too ;) Both these performers just ooze charisma - Youssou N'dour is the epitome of COOL-FUNKY-GROOVY in one person- it's amazing that I've managed to catch both artists here in Oz LIVE cos we don't often get big world music acts here- it's not a particularly popular or known genre here.

I did manage to find one good quality youtube video I can find from the golden era of his music...Please enjoy his amazing voice in Immigrés/Bitim Rew....for more info you can visit his site. Cheers :)

No comments: