Sunday, May 25, 2008

Snow Patrol: Eyes Open

This is probably my favourite song on this album...

SET THE FIRE TO THE THIRD BAR


But then I also like this one...the song that is.

YOU COULD BE HAPPY


this one's not bad either...LOL

MAKE THIS GO ON FOREVER


Wow, is that the first time I've put up a song that had more than a million hits?

hmmm I need to work out how to put some of the unknown stuff I like up on Youtube...one day: it just seems sad to put up a song without accompanying visuals...I should try and dig into my skeleton closet for long lost Final cut pro/video editing skills in the interest of promoting good music...but sheesh even back then when I had the luxury of time and the obligation of submitting something to get my degree, I still didn't even have the patience for the time consuming, anal task that is multimedia production...

So for some ideas on some really cool but little known Aussie musos check out
rufusrecords - I particularly like the contemporary Jazz musicians on this label. Currently listening to Aussie stuff from a while back...Not Drowning Waving, Paul Grabowsky, Bernie McGann, The Catholics, Clarion Fracture Zone etc...

2 comments:

Jonno said...

MsCherryLane, you'll have to make the next post on Martha Wainwright now! (I couldn't see any reference in your post, but its a tag...) Her first album was great, but it's taking a little longer for me to get into the latest one... Your thoughts?

Phivos Nicolaides said...

Nice, nice.