Monday, October 13, 2008

MARTHA WAINWRIGHT/When the Day is Short

I first heard the wonderfully unique voice of Martha on Snow Patrol's "Set the Fire to the Third Bar" which I liked so much I bought the album just to have that one song!

A Big Martha fan Jonno then randomly crashlanded into my blog and inspired me to order an album without ever having heard any of her music...

So I got MARTHA WAINWRIGHT...

I was utterly disappointed.

Fast Forward several months later and I'm needing something "fresh" so I start playing all the many albums I bought "on a whim" and haven't listened to more than 10x...

I think you gotta be in a certain mood for Martha...I'm really liking it playing evenings while I do alfresco on the balcony! So anyway, many more listens later, I decided I really like this song off the album..."When the Day is Short"...enjoy :)


p.s just found out she's CANADIAN...don't know what it is but I'm starting to realise I seem to like lots of CANADIANS!! weird.

1 comment:

Jonno said...

Argh I feel bad for recommending it now! I'm going to see her next month live, so I'll let you know how she sounds!