Friday, June 26, 2009

Bye Bye, Michael...

You know someone is truly great when they're just known the world over solely by their first name...and by so many generations!

In all honesty post "Diana", I have witnessed no other major world figure suddenly pass away - prematurely- in my lifetime and it's pretty sad. The truly great affect everyone no matter how big or small a fan of his music you are...a huge number of people in the world have grown up "knowing" Michael Jackson.

For me my first conscious memory of hearing Michael Jackson (and loving it) singing it dancing around as a kid was his hit "BEAT IT"...Man that Thriller album was awesome- probably the height of his super stardom for me. And I have to say when many started boycotting his music during and post the child molestation accusations I honestly didn't buy into it...hence I still have his music sitting on my CD shelf not sitting in a dark corner gathering dust!

Anyway here's 2 clips I've chosen to commemorate his life as one of music's GREATS...MJ doing "Beat it" and as a cutie back in 1970 as part of the Jackson 5....R.I.P Matey!

No comments: