Tuesday, September 22, 2009

(500) Days of Summer...The Soundtrack!

This movie has a KICK ASS soundtrack...the first film in ages where the music was like candy to my brain!

Others that come to mind (if I remember correctly) are HIGH FIDELITY, GARDEN STATE and DONNIE DARKO...or maybe that's just my taste in music.

But (500) days of Summer...wow, not just a soundtrack...it really correlates with my musical taste!

It featured my favourite SMITHS song "there is a light that never goes out"^^

And a major surprise musical discovery for me was Carla Bruni...wow! The French First Lady is a respectable musician in her own right!!!



Other sound I really liked was:

Mumm-Raa


and of course Ms. Spektor



And...The Pixies song "Here comes your man"



apart from the familiar music, I was particularly amused by the Unknown Pleasures Joy Division t-shirt and the little send up snippet of Ingmar Bergman's Seventh Seal...eh, so nice to be able to have a film with so many "bits" I actually get...

2 comments:

Ian said...

I haven't seen the film - is the Unknown Pleasures T-shirt this one? http://www.threadless.com/submission/114906/Pulsars_and_Dying_Stars
because I have this and I love it.

I really should visit this blog more, you write about so much of the stuff I love!

Zz... said...

sort of but it is the real one...which looks quite different!(and much better, sorry...)