Sunday, November 22, 2009

VANESSA MAE/Night Flight



I stopped trying to fish around for inspiration from others...humans are just....human, so I turn to nature, art and...MUSIC!

I particularly like Track 5 on Vanessa Mae's "Subject to Change" - Night Flight.

Of course there are some dubious moments, like when she talk-sings, but all in all I'd have to say her work is quite an agreeable style of electro-classic fusion.

I remember when my Sinophilic Classical Music Loving mate first gave me her music, I was rather dubious cos all I knew of her was that she seemed like a bit of an attention seeker and had "corrupted" classical music by needing to sexify it so...

In any case I am much less judgemental and rigid in how I think now...the girl has talent, who cares how she chooses to present herself and/or classical music!

No comments: