Sunday, August 1, 2010

THE CRANBERRIES/Linger

I was unpacking and filing all my precious babies into their specially made shelf (with much content)when I came across this old disc...and listening to this 15 years past it's prime...WOW I still love this song as much as ever! It's definitely in the hall of "Mscherrylane's All Time Classics!"

This song on repeat got me through much of my angsty teen years and hate-hate relationship with being forced to attend an anal-obsessive high school. It's been nice to be reunited...even more so, strangely I don't remember ever having seen the original video clip...and I'm actually nicely impressed- love the monochromatic shades and that seeking spotlight...wow reminds me of my film days studying "Metropolis"! LOL, I remember one of my classmates proffering that the spotlight on the woman was her being "metaphorically raped". I remember thinking at the time: "What a load of crap! What ARE all these film students ON!"

But I'm glad to say over the years, my mind has expanded exponentially out of being so literal and straightforward and...limited, since then. Cheers to ever expanding conscientious potentials...

2 comments:

HappyOrganist said...

Oh she's cute, isn't she?

It's a nice song.

miruspeg said...

Thanks for the trip down memory lane Macs and why the song was so important to you.
Hope your mind keeps expanding and you enjoy the journey.
Pegs xxxx