Saturday, August 7, 2010

Sigur Ros/Gong

This is the perfect Saturn Return/Mid Life Crisis song....sublime! Without the visuals this song says to me...chaos & despair, upheaval, drama, redemption, transcendence, it's "The Chariot" and 555....but also the culmination of a cycle and rebirth all in one!

this clip is one of the better ones with all important decent sound quality - I think the "nature" theme of the clip taps in well to the 'essence' of this song...especially the Winter...cold, barren...monochromatic...

it's also a nice juxtaposition of ideas to me: the insignificance and smallness of the human compared to the vast power of the natural world. Sorry I'm not in the most lucid or well expressed mode today- but hopefully you get some morsel of the idea I'm trying to express but can't seem to! :-p

No comments: